Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following information concerns the collection of personal data while using this website. Personal data are all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Article 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is OptiMedis AG, Burchardstraße 17, 20095 Hamburg, firstname.lastname@example.org (see our legal notice).
(3) When you contact us by email or using a contact form, the data you give us (your email address, your name and phone number if applicable) is stored by us in order to answer your question. When storage is no longer necessary, we will delete the applicable data or restrict the processing of it if legal retention requirements apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our web-based services, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes, naming the defined criteria for storage duration.
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to refusal of processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection authority.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you are only using the website for information and do not register or transmit information to us in any other way, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the enquiry
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Quantity of data transferred in each case
- The website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your PC when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which particular information is transmitted to the location setting the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet presence more user-friendly and effective in general.
This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the scope and mode of operation of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b);
- Persistent cookies (see c).
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They save a so-called session ID that links different enquiries from your browser to a common session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a set period, which can vary according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Other functions and offers on our website
(1) As well as the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you may use if they interest you. To do so, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use in order to provide the respective service and to which the above-mentioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) We can also pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer special offer participation, lotteries, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. You can find more information about this if you enter your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
On this website, data is collected and stored using the web analysis service software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service of the provider InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand. This is done on the basis of your consent to statistical analysis of user behavior for optimisation and marketing purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR. From this data, pseudonymised user profiles can be created and evaluated for the same purpose. Cookies may also be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files which are stored locally in the cache of the visitor’s internet browser. Among other things, the cookies enable recognition of the internet browser. The data collected with Matomo technology (including your pseudonymised IP address) is processed on our servers.
The information generated by the cookie in the pseudonymous user profile is not used to personally identify the visitor of this website and is not combined with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. If you agree to the storage and evaluation of this data from your visit, you can consent to the storage and use of this data via our “cookie content banner”.
(1) If you would like to receive our newsletter, we need an e-mail address and additional information that will allow us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and agree to receive the newsletter.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to ensure that newsletters are sent in a consistent manner. This way the potential recipient can be included in a distribution list. After the registration, the user receives a confirmation e-mail to confirm. The address is only actively included in the distribution list if the registration is confirmed.
We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and offers.
(3) Newsletter2Go is used as newsletter software. Your data is transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is prohibited from selling your data and from using it for purposes other than sending newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a certified German newsletter software provider, working in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR.
(4) More information: https://www.newsletter2go.com/information-for-newsletter-recipients/
When giving a company permission to store your personal data and email address and to send you marketing emails, you can revoke this consent at any time via the unsubscribe link in the email or by sending an email to email@example.com.
(5) The data protection measures are always subject to technical innovations. For this reason, we ask you to inform yourself about our data protection measures at regular intervals by consulting our data protection declaration.
You can register for events such as workshops, conferences, hackathons or others via our website. We collect the necessary registration data, such as email address, first and last name, your profession and other relevant data.
Revocation or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. After you have pronounced it to us, the revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal information on consideration of interests, you can revoke your consent to processing. This is the case, in particular, if processing is not necessary for fulfilment of a contract with you, which is always outlined by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising the right of revocation, we ask you to cite the reasons why we should not process your personal information as we have previously done. In the case of a justified revocation, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or convey to you our protection-worthy and necessary reasons for continuing the processing.
(3) Of course, you can revoke consent to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your advertising revocation at the following contact points: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media links: Twitter, LinkedIn.
(2) We have no influence on the data captured or the data processing procedures, nor do we know the entire scope of data collection, the purpose of processing or the retention periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the linked provider.
(3) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider in their data protection statements, which are given below. You can also find further information there on your rights in this regard and the setting options to protect your privacy.
(4) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.